Welcome to the Inner Year...

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3.1.



The Inner Year relates personal soul development to the festivals of the Christian Year and to the cycle of Nature. I work with an esoteric spiritual understanding of the festivals. Esoteric perspectives reveal the deeper universal mysteries of things.

Whether or not you are Christian in your beliefs and your practices, you will find personal and spiritual relevance, insight and possibility in these posts.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Gladys Poems

Gor

Geous

Gor-geous

I can say it.
I know what it means.

Gorgeous
When I say it I am beautiful.

the doorbell rings
a gorgeous sound

I run to open the door

Gladys, you look gorgeous!

She turns cold, dry, ugly.

Little girls don’t use words like that, she tells me

No, little girls will never again use words like that…
words that sparkle and shine and are filled with love.


**********

oh, I need to tinkle
reallly bad

I just have to get home.

it hurts so bad.
I am going to wet my pants.

Oh, I can ask Gladys if I can use her toilet.

I ring the doorbell.

hurry please, i am bursting.
Gladys, I need to use your toilet.

she is standing in my way, telling me I am bad.
You should go to the bathroom before you get on the bus, she says

Oh no, I am tinkling down my legs.

There is a puddle on the porch.

A puddle on the porch.

It’s tinkle, my tinkle.

my wet everlasting shame.




The Veils

The First Veil

a doorbell rings
Gladys stands in the doorway
I stand in front of her

I have something to give
She shames me for giving

My heart is crushed
and a veil falls




The Second Veil

a doorbell rings
Gladys stands in the doorway
I stand in front of her

I need help
She shames me for needing help


My heart bursts
and a veil falls.

Lifting the Gladys Veils

Doorbells announce
Doorways either open
or close

Gladys closed my doorways
to parts of my soul

I open them now
sixty years later

I teach others
mysterious words
and their meanings

I give others a sacred place to release
the pain they can’t hold back for
one more minute

I ring bells at the doorways of souls.

Thank you, Gladys...you’re gorgeous
and so am I.

3 comments:

  1. i love how you get involved and transformed by the work you impart, how you are engaged w/the process, and how that engagement is so powerfuly shared. thanks. lynn!

    and yes, i love the poems and can see some of my influence there. truly gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - magnificent AND gorgeous words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those poems are beautiful and true.

    i hear the doorbell of your child-soul ringing.

    you did create that place of release for me. because of your lead and the group's courage, i am now sharing more of my vulnerability with others. i feel like i have found tools to move forward and life is warmer, safer :)

    ReplyDelete