Welcome to the Inner Year...

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3.1.



The Inner Year relates personal soul development to the festivals of the Christian Year and to the cycle of Nature. I work with an esoteric spiritual understanding of the festivals. Esoteric perspectives reveal the deeper universal mysteries of things.

Whether or not you are Christian in your beliefs and your practices, you will find personal and spiritual relevance, insight and possibility in these posts.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Inner Easter - Your Resurrection

This Easter Sunday feel the sun rising in your heart of hearts flooding you with the light of freedom and the warmth of love.  Be new. 
 
This newness is not a new reflection of the old, familiar you.  It is new to the core. Everything in you that could suffer and die, everything in you that felt the fires of inner hell is gone.  You greet your companions and they do not recognize you.  You look in the mirror of your soul and see a self that is definitely you but so strange and different.You and I in our spiritually fragile development can only hold this experience for a moment. 
 
I am frustrated sharing my inadequate words.  I can only apologize for my lack of poetic elegance and assure you that my weak images do not reflect a weak conviction regarding the Inner Easter moments we each experience.  
 
 I want to share one contemporary poem that sings of the Easter mystery.  Derek Walcott wrote it.
Love After Love
The time will come 
when,
with elation 
you will greet yourself arriving

at your own door, in your own mirror

and each will smile at the other's welcome,
 


and say, sit here. Eat. 

You will love again the stranger who was your self.

Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart

to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
 


all your life, whom you ignored

for another, who knows you by heart.

Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
 


the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.

Sit. Feast on your life. 

 
If we let our old ways die and restore wholeness to our soul, we become new. Spiritually we remain ourselves, but without the limiting and often distorting context of our past to define our form we become different.  We become unrecognizable to ourselves and to all our companions.  We have risen to a new way of being.  This is the challenge and the reality of our inner resurrection experience.  We surprise ourselves for brief moments, we know joy.  Not a joy that is compared to a suffering.  No, resurrection joy is suffering turned inside out.

The Resurrection of 2000 years ago made it possible for each of us to have resurrection moments in our souls. Easter comes once a year to remind us to pay attention to our resurrection moments. Not just to pay attention, but to have faith in them.

I have suffered my heart being broken only to find it healed in a moment.  The healed heart is a new heart, not a mended heart.  It is a heart that has no memory of it's suffering and death.  It is resurrected and filled with new love and new freedom. 

In the audio I speak to the mystery of inner resurrection and the challenge of being new. 

MP3 File

5 comments:

  1. Happy and Joyous Inner and outer Ester Sunday to you Lynn.

    I listen to your message this morning and had tears of joy and big heart opening experience.....

    Thank you, thank you and thank you for your wonderful words and beautiful voice in the wilderness....

    Much love and many blessings,

    Saniye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Lynn,
    Thank you for your words this morning, as they brought me some peace in the midst of shadow. How I long for the experience of the woman above, for the miraculous heart opening and joy.
    As I write the raging storm outside my home reflects the storm in my heart and soul, as the suffering grips my reality and wont let go.
    How I hoped for some miracle of resurrection, to awaken feeling new in body and soul. I have been nothing but devoted and courageous in my inner work, and after many, many years of darkness, have all but given up hope of ever seeing true Light again.
    My only hope is your words that we cannot comprehend the shift that can happen with this resurrection, that it comes in the future, in moments of truth. I can only continue to reach for the Inner Christ Light, and do my best to see this outer mirror of the Resurrection as a potential living inside me.

    Bless you for your offering to the world.

    WaterBird

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this. I love Dereck Walcott. I lived in the Caribbean for many years and read his poetry and went to his plays where he was present many times. I understand how hard it is to shed the ego's false safety to become our true self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I lived in the Caribbean for many years and read Dereck Walcott's poetry and went to many of his plays in which he was always a part of.
    I know to well how hard it is to shed the ego's false safety and allow the true self to rule my life, but your words are gentle reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I recall, the last words he said on the cross were, "Remember the joy."...and we forgot....forgot to change our crowns of thorns for crowns of flowers. I hope we, I, remember...daily.

    Aloha, Deborah Duda

    ReplyDelete